Sunday, September 18, 2011

2 More Shakeology Recipes

I have found my personal cup of liquid to add to my shakeology. I prefer a cup of water with a splash of milk when it comes to adding an extract. To avoid any confusion, when I type that I add a personal cup plus a tsp of something, you'll know that I am saying it's a cup of water plus a splash of milk.

Almond Shakeology: Personal cup + a tbsp almound extract. This has a chocolate nuttiness taste to it and is therefore very good. It goes well with a cup of straight black coffee instead of personal cup and you can always add a splash of milk.

Caramel Shakeology: Are you a caramel lover? I sure am! I love those Caramellos you find at the store, the rich, thick caramel drizzling out of those chocolate squares... yum! Sadly, I did not find a recipe for Chocolate Shakeology that would contain caramel in it. Not sure why, but I decided to wing it with Caramel. I added a tablespoon of imitation caramel extract (couldn't find the real one, maybe that doesn't exist?) and my personal cup. The result is a bit suprising. It's still mostly chocolate, but once you swallow, you can detect the caramel taste. I added a bit more of the extract to my drink but still could only get a hint of that caramel taste. Don't fret, caramel lovers. I shall achieve this drink! The recipe just might need a little tweaking so we can enjoy the taste some more!

More of the Flavors of Shakeology journey coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. I will have to find where I saw it.. but other people have crated a carmaelly/snickers/milky way type falvor by using Sugar Free Jello Pudding mix in the shake.... the powder of course. Try experimenting w/ those.. like butterscotch, etc.

    ReplyDelete