Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Flavors of Shakeology

The Flavors of Shakeology Update. I thought I would add to my blog my experiments with the Shakeology recipes.

I find that I perfer most of the recipes to have just a little bit of milk. It brings out the rich flavor better.
Shakeology + one cup milk:This gave the shake a delicious touch of rich tasting texture. It definitely tastes like a chocolately dessert!
Shakeology + one cup Water: It still tasted decent althought it seemed a bit thin on the texture part. To bring out the flavor a bit more, just maybe one tablespoon milk should do the trick. After all, it'll be less in calories and fat to go with mostly water than a cup of milk, right?
Shakeology + one cup Water + Vanilla extract: I'll put this in one word: YUMMMY!! This has a comfort shake kind of feeling.... like an oreos and a glass of milk kind of comfort feeling. This is my #1 flavor so far!
Shakeology + one cup Coffee: Yep, I didn't believe that recipe would work, but it did! So if you want your caffine intake for the morning, then use this recipe. If you still like that creamy taste, use a little less than a cup of coffee and a little bit of milk. That'll bring the rich creamy taste, and to just throw in a twist of flavor, a tsp of vanilla extract. My husband didn't care for the straight-black coffee approach but he definitely enjoyed the addition of milk and vanilla! We don't want to add too much liquid that the nutrients gets so thinned out it won't benefit the body the way it should be. There's a reason every recipe usually has one cup of some form of liquid.
Shakeology + one tsp Mint exctract: Mint chocolate for breakfast? Don't mind if I do! It is true about Mint and chocolate: The taste can never go wrong when these two flavors are combined. Very satisfying to the taste buds! 

So far, the flavors of Shakeology in this journey has been very appealing. I look forward to enjoying a nutritional shake every morning as a meal replacement, and constantly trying out new flavors. There are still so many other flavors to try, and with so many options, I know I won't get bored. I have noticed that I am getting more energy in the mornings now, and even my moods seemed to be toward positivity. I am even only drinking one cup of coffee in the mornings instead of 2 or 3 cups. I am already starting to have less cravings. I have just started to completely cut soda out from my life, only to have it once in awhile and I do NOT miss it!! I never thought I'd see this day!!! Heres to many more days of Shakeology, the most nutritious shake in the world. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment