Sunday, December 4, 2011

An Afternoon with Abbey

Totally took advantage of the nice weather outside! Warm, sunny, cool breeze.... who couldn't ask for a better day than this today? I took Abbey out for a nice run in the free lot across the street and tried to train a new command, but she just couldn't focus. Too busy just wanting to run and play. Oh well... it's not often we get to spend the afternoon outside. She was a very happy dog!

We went for a walk afterwards and boy, did that walk wear me out! Maybe I spent too much energy throwing the ball for that energetic dog.... but she is now napping on the floor by the door enjoying the sun's ray on her fur. It was energy well spent.... until she wakes up from her nap. She'll be needing another run soon before we settle for the night. :) I'm so amazed with myself. I've grown up thinking German Shepherds are aggressively unpredictable and by giving my husband the chance to have his dream dog, i gave myself the chance to open my eyes to what a true, loyal German Shepherd is like. We got ourselves a wonderful girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment